Scientific Method, Critical Thinking, Quack Science, Science Humor
- Alien Autopsy -- Faked or Fiction? Comprehensive "Alien Autopsy" site, including "dueling autopsies" and "selected comparisons with real autopsies"
- Committee for Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal CSICOP Home PagePublishers of the Skeptical Inquirer
- Covert Communication in Classrooms, Clinics, and Courtrooms Robert Rosenthal summarizes his work on expectancy and related effect. From the Psi Chi (Psychology Honor Society) Distinguished Lectures/Special Topics Series
- Critical Thinking an interactive tutorial for critical thinking
- Disinformation Page "Everything you know is false"! A page of links to conspiracy theory pages and pages with quack science claims
- Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct The official American Psychological Association (APA) ethical code.
- Measurement Instruments at Your Fingertips A quick discussion of the usefulness of online databases of measuring instruments. By Daniel Moore, Fred B. Bryant, and Evelyn Perloff - Behavioral Masurement Database Services (Moore, Perloff) and Loyola University Chicago (Bryant). From the Psi Chi (Psychology Honor Society) Distinguished Lectures/Special Topics Series
- Methods in Evaluation and Social ResearchFree resources about surveys, focus groups, sampling, interviews, and other methods. Oriented toward sociology but very useful to psychologists doing observational research.
- Research Methods Christopher L. Heffner's online Research Methods textbook
- Skeptics Canada"...Largest skeptical group in Canada"
- Russell Turpin's "Characterization of Quack Theories" A critique of the types of evidence commonly cited in support of controversial claims
Write to Dr. Dewey at email@example.com.
Back to Psych Web Home Page ...or.... Top of this file.
Don't see what you need? Psych Web has over 1,000 pages, so it may be elsewhere on the site. Do a site-specific Google search using the box below.